RE: When to blacklist source IP was: Re: [LUG] Snort

hi - i'm back!!!!!

hi nick - hope all's well.

i'm ready yet again to punt in my worthless opinions.

what way are the ipchains being used.  rather than using rules to deny
unwanted stuff, i think its better to have the default policy as DENY and
then set up rules to ALLOW what you want.
maybe this would cut down on the number of rules required.

HTH,

kev

PS - did i miss an open source day?