Re: [LUG] IBM ThinkPad 600E Modem

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:32:06 -0000, Richard Brown wrote:
> I am still trying to get the winmodem working under Linux in my ThinkPad. I

Your package should do this for you. At least mine did, when I :
apt-get install mwavem
On my sister's Thinkpad 600 to get the modem working.

-Kai

Ok, lets have a go at:

> # Set this if you would like to create a link to the Mwave modem tty
> # MWMDEV=/dev/modem

Uncomment by taking out the hash sign. Looks like you might want this
line.

> # Location of the Mwave manager (if not /usr/local/bin/mwavem)
> # MWAVEM=/sbin/mwavem

whereis mwavem ?
uncomment this line to point to where mwavem is.

Run ./mwavemd start or whatever this file is called and work from the
output.