Re: [LUG] Bulletin board software

Simon Waters wrote:
I want simple clean multiuser chat, no message boards (needed),
clean prompts for typing, no need to prefix speech with "say or
tell" unless doing something special. Don't even need whisper.

http://slashtom.org/Software/index.php?package=chat

It's a Java based chat program (server, client and applet). It does however require at least JDK 1.3 (may also work with 1.2).

I wrote it at end of my first year at uni, and to be honest it is a bit of hack. You will have to make a slight modification, indicated in the README file (I think). I know there's much room for improvement with it. Even so, it may fit your requirements.

It's also free, as in speech.

Hope it may be of some use.
--
Tom Salmon