Re: [LUG] fstab

This is a know error is SUSE 8.1

I've attached the document on how to resolve this......

I hope this helps SUSE 8.1 users.......................................

Symptom

 Your computer is equipped with a CDRW drive and one or several "ordinary" CD
drives. After installing SuSE Linux 8.1, the CD drives cannot be mounted.

Cause

 Some modules are missing from the initrd.

From SuSE Linux 8.1 on, the CD drive support is no longer compiled and kept in
the kernel, but implemented by way of modules (cdrom and ide-cd). As opposed
to the module ide-scsi, those modules (cdrom and ide-cd) are not included in
the Initrd. That is why the SCSI emulation reaches all drives and not only
those listed in the kernel parameter hdX=ide-scsi.

Solution

 Insert the modules cdrom and ide-cd in the variable INITRD_MODULES in the
file

/etc/sysconfig/kernel

To do this, open the YaST Sysconfig Editor. Select Base-Administration ->
Common-Basics -> initrd_modules and insert both modules before the module
ide-scsi. Be careful not to remove any of the modules listed, since they are
necessary for booting.

Now, execute as root user the command mk_initrd

To do this, start a terminal program like konsole or xterm and log in as root
user with the command su -. Then enter the command mk_initrd. If your boot
manager is LILO, reinstall it with the command lilo -v. This does not apply
for GRUB. From SuSE Linux 8.1 on, GRUB is the standard boot loader.