Re: [LUG] GeForce 4 drivers

Mike Chidley wrote:
Anybody have a Geforce 4 card?

I have looked at the nVidia web site for their display drivers....

i can download one of three versions, not sure which....IA32,IA64 or AMD64.
( I have AMD Athlon 2000+)

Anyone use the nVidia drivers are they better than the ones that come with RedHat 8.0?

Yes to all of the above :-)
You need to IA32 version, then the "GLX RPM" and the "RedHat 8.0 UP Athlon Architecture" files.

Once you've got those files, follow the instructions in the readme file and you're done.

Here are the links: -

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.i386.rpm
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.rh80up.athlon.rpm
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/README

David.

--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.