[LUG] USB Devices and Kernel Settings

Hello,

All Have managed to get my new system up and running, Sadly this
involved completely overwriting the preloaded Win 2K, Shame.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help

I purchased an Iomeg USB 2.0 CD RW. I had but RH has not configured it,
I took a look at the Kernel log and can see that the kernel found 6 USB
Ports and 2 Devices.

Dev 1 is the HP Scanner  :-) Cool
Dev 2 is "is not claimed by any active drivers"
I am correct in assuming that there isn't a USB Device driver on my
system that supports this ?
Secondly, Is a device driver the same as a kernel module ?

Second Question.

I note from the kernel log, the line
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
idebus=xx

Does this mean that the system is using 33Mhz transfer to the Disks ?
I have ATA 100 disc installed.
Where would I alter the config to override 33MHz to bring it upto 100 ?

Thanks
Rick
--
Rick Timmis