Re: [LUG] DVD Jon case verdict

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 15:21, you wrote:

> IANAL but I'm pretty sure that until the European Copyright
> Directive is enacted into UK law it is legal to watch DVD's
> using DECSS software in the UK.

Sorry.  Until the directive is enacted into UK law there is no difference,
protection or implementation of the directive other than as written.

In other words the UK can modify the way in which it is applied, but not stop
it, and it applies as a directive, despite the UK law being late.

I owudn't get too toxic about the delays, but I would back up the suggestion
that if any of us ever wish to buy media we attempt to buy what we want, and
consider rejecting whatever we don't want.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/