Re: [LUG] mirrors and raid

IBM support most Linux versions and provide hardware RAID. We have lots of sites running this. BEWARE when setting up RAID that the controller is just as likely to fail as the disks. To be safe 2 controllers mirrored. We use Red Hat which IBM provide drivers for see IBM site for supported versions of Linux. As a matter of course we presently recommend IBM for all our sites. Bearing in mind that IBM servers  come with 3 years on site maintenance from IBM and start at less than £1000 they are as price competitive as any. I accept that personal users may not see the benefit of this but if you are using it for your business then it works out well
from bill@xxxxxxxx