Re: [LUG] Debian Install

Ray Smith wrote:
| After havin installed a basic install one time after getting a disk of
woody
| from Neil (ta Neil) but finding that after selecting loads of packages
with
| apt which downloaded and then not knowing what to do I have downloaded the
| iso's.
|
| All of them apart from the non-free stuff (does this mean I won't have KDE
| ?)
|
| If I understand correctly I just need to tell the install to point to the
| cd's instead of a ftp server so that I don't have to spend hours connected
| to the net.
|
| Yes I know thats what I've just done by dowloading but now I have them to
| burn and put aside.
|
| When I tried to install previously I would get halfway through selecting
| packages and then press space to go onto another package set and then the
| installer would suddenly start fetching before I had finished.
|
| Also although I has selected X I couldn't find any X stuff afterwards.
|
| Before I burn my cd's and install onto my newly formatted 8 gig disk what
| have I done wrong before ?
|
| Ray.
|
| And assuming all goes well I will obviously have some cd's to pass
around if
| anyone wants a copy :-)
|

| --

Ray !

You could have saved a lot of download time, I have ADSL and a full copy
of woody :-D (sorry i didn't mention this before) try apt-setup. should
let you setup apt to get the packages from the CD's. Also dselect allows
this too...

if you are feeling brave try this

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

:-) HTH