Re: [LUG] PCMCIA Modem

Rick Timmis wrote:

I loaded Knoppix with the CD Kai gave me and it found it straight off .

Does "cardctl ident" match up with any entries in
/etc/pcmcia/config, specifically does that entry match the
driver that Knoppix loads?

This is how PCMCIA decides what driver to load in Redhat 7.

If not back-up /etc/pcmcia/config, and try making it load the
right driver by editing or adding an entry to the config file is
my advice.

The wireless networking cards fall down here a lot as they are
largely based on the same chipsets, have similar names, and
about three different possible drivers.

Of course "modprobe <nameofknoppixmodulethatworks>" will have to
work before this change is useful.

Simon