Re: Fwd: Re: [LUG] first e-mail from Linux

Are you just trying to really confuse everyone on this list? Minor
syntax errors as annoying as my poor spelling and grammar :) And a huge
cause of headaches, i know, i've had my share over the years. To the
point that there are common sequences of commands permanently printed in
my brain.

try:

tar -zxvf somecall_thing_like_mplayer.tar.gz
tar -jxvf somecall_thing_like_mplayer.tar.bzip2

cd somecall_thing_like_mplayer
./configure --help
make
sometimes "make test" Especially if a perl module.
make install

If you want to start again: make clean or make distclean to get real
tidy.

Welcome to the world of missing header files and dynamic libraries.

Bill.
lug@xxxxxxxxxxxx