Re: [LUG] Mozilla Printers

Hi List

Does anyone know how to define printers in Mozilla, I have only got
access to the default postscript printer. We have 4 Printers in
different offices which I need to be able to print to from Mozilla?

Can anyone Help.

The usual unix way is to configure the printer queue to accept
postscript and change it into whatever the printer wants. Typically
PCL or ESC. There are a couple of packages which make things easier
than trying to work out the correct paramaters to ghostscript;
"magicfilter" and "apsfilter". IIRC RedHat uses apsfilter and has
a GUI config tool to set it up.

When you are running VNC is there any way in which the session
can tell which terminal is in use? (This is quite simple with
LTSP.) That way, instead of expecting the user to know which printer
they should use, the computer can automatically select the appropriate
one.