Re: Fw: [LUG] first e-mail from Linux

drakconf is you tool. Software Management. Make sure the Package Sources
are set correctly. the best one is to copy the CD's to a large partition
and point to them.

The benefit of this approach for MDK users is that all dependencies are
sorted out for you via a friendly GUI. System Updates can be pulled from
Mandrake using this tool.

are you using Mandrake 8.2 or 9 ? Both are cool, but 9 is just
brilliant. Uses the stable GCC3.2 where as MDK8.2 still uses GCC2.96 (
Well the non-standard one, which everyone dreaded using )

Mandrake is back to using supermount so you should no longer need to
mount and umount removable drives. Device or Resource Busy....... ByeBye

Have fun. I can remember my first X server desktop. Boy how it has moved
on for the better.

1 piece of advice. Be very careful setting up Due Boot Configs in
lilo.conf - A sure fire way to get locked out the next time you reboot.
Took me about 30 minutes to destroy my first Linux Install this way!

Mandrake 9.x cooker is my default OS. So any specific MDK questions,
throw them at me and I'll try and help.

Must Sleep,

Bill
lug@xxxxxxxxxxxx