[LUG] Samba Problem

Hi all

Back to my Samba problem as discussed yesterday. We have a Win 98 (Hiss, Curses and Spits) Machine that needs access to our Samba Share, of course it won't play. It can see the machine but does not authenticate onto the share. I have Samba configured to use encrypted passwords but still no joy. Is there something I need to be doing with smbpasswd, or does the share user the same name and passwd as the user ? I have read lots of Docs on this and not really been clear on any of it. Can anyone point me in the direction of some clear and comprehensive Docs ?

Thanks in advance

Rickl

--
Regards and Best wishes

Rick Timmis
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I.T Manager

Super Tramp Ltd:
Super Tramp run their IT systems exclusively on Red Hat Linux and Open Source
Software.
For further information on how free software can benefit your business visit
http://www.redhat.com