Re: [LUG] upgrading

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 11:16 pm, Neil Williams wrote:

If I was to repartition the 40 gig drive how much would XP require,
should I go for 30/10 ,  20/20 or 10/30?

0? How long's a piece of string, after all, it was BG who said 250Mb out to
be enough for anyone. What are you going to stick on the XP partition?
Office? Visual C++/Basic etc? two hundred flight sims? XP itself can
squeeze into 2-3Gb. (Mind you, this is only judging from a quick snoop
around PCWorld, I refuse to own XP.)

I seem to have 16gig of linux stuff at the moment...

?? How much? I've got Mandrake, Debian, SuSE, Lycoris, Slackware AND
Windows installed on a total of 14Gb! (used space, it's actually a 60Gb so
there's room for another Mandrake, RedHat and maybe Sorcerer or
LinuxFromScratch too.)

Sounds like you're copying BG's blubberware habits! I'd go 10 XP / 30
Linux.

I just remembered why the partition is so full....I backed up my windows to
the linux partition, when windows decided it wasn`t going to play
ball....then reinstalled windows again.....lol.

probably accounts for most of the 16 gig.....:-)

Mike