Speech Recognition gurus live in Newton Abbott Re: [LUG] Speach recognition software

andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I used IBM Via Voice

I was going to accuse them of being an evil empire on this
point, having had a nasty legal battle with those nice people in
Newton Abbott, but seems IBM finally came up with a deal in
August.

http://www.allvoice.co.uk/current_news.htm

John there obviously has a keen interest in Intellectual
Property issues, I'll ask him to a future meeting if people are
interested to hear the full story, although he isn't sold on
free software, I think it would be a good talk and discussion.

What a hot bed of innovation in IT Devon is.