Re: [LUG] What's everyone doing ?

On Sunday 01 December 2002 16:51, Adrian Midgley wrote:
On Sunday 01 December 2002 00:24, you wrote:
Anyone else out there develop software on Linux ? What do *you* use as a
development environment ? I guess I've been spoiled by the usability of
MSVC, but I'm finding the move to Linux for development beyond cc a bit
of a struggle.

There is Kylix...
and there are Boa Constructor and so on...

I agree that for programming GUIs a GGUI IDE is a handy thng to have,
particoualrly for amateurs like me.

Is IBM's Eclipse one of those?

No idea about Ecplipse (though I'll make it my business to find out ... I'd
forgotten about Kylix - I'v used Delphi quite a lot in the past and liked it
(with the exception, perhaps, of the degree to which it uses static binding),
but a lot of my stuff is toward the techie end of the spectrum, and Object
Pascal sometimes makes the code unreadable (and isn't too hot for device
drivers and suchlike...)  But I've just looked at the Borland site and it
looks as if a copy of Kylix Professional wouldn't go amiss.

I'll let you know how it goes when it turns up.

Thanks for the reminder.

jd

--
John Daragon           argv[0] limited               john@xxxxxxxxxx
Lambs Lawn Cottage, Staple Fitzpaine, Taunton TA3 5SL, UK