Re: [LUG] practical use of VNC, teleporting etc

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Rick Timmis wrote:
The great advantage of VNC is you can deploy 1 Server and connect
everyone else in via an inexpensive dumb terminal. We use Axel Terminals
at around £200 each, this means we can by the Terminal and a really nice
Flat screen TFT for less than the price of an office PC. No moving parts
in a Terminal so less problems.

Surely thats only if you want persistent sessions. Otherwise why not use
remote X Terminals a la the Linux Terminal Server project (www.ltsp.org)

Regards,
Mark.