Re: [LUG] Athalon XP and Linux

Mmm Dell band alot of Marketing Hype. Their CEO just announced a deal with Oracel and RedHat to distribute with dell servers. Make your mind up Dell.
Rick

psutton wrote:

Reading through a advert for dell, (I think it was them) it says the new
athalon XP processor is optimised for Windows XP, if this is the case what
is the performance like for Linux,  Would I be better opting for a non XP
processor like a P4

To add to this it seems quite a few companies are now starting to supply
Linux on systems (Time being one) and quite a few are also supplying open /
star office which is also good news,  so the messagfe is getting out

Paul