Re: [LUG] Scanning problems...

On Monday 18 November 2002 12:43 pm, you wrote:
On Monday 11 November 2002 19:19, you wrote:
I've bought an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner,

I have a 1650 which works nicely.

One element of getting it going was to comment out all other scanners in
the SANE files somewhere under /etc/

I'll give that a go.  Unfortunately Windoze has completely wiped my linux
boot partition since then, so I will be forced to start afresh when I get
time to do it.

I'm not massively keen on spreading anti-microsoft sentiment, I prefer to
plug the alternatives instead, but after having had such an ordeal trying to
install Windows after linux (back up to a friend's HDD, wipe it, install
windows, install linux - it really is the only way!) and then had my boot
partition screwed up after formatting a FAT partition at *the other end of
the disk*, I'm beginning to agree that a computer without Windows is like a
chocolate cake without mustard, a beautiful woman without AIDS, a sports car
without a nucleur bomb in the boot, etc...

You are welcome to config files etc.

Cheers, I'm sure distro differences are no problem, I might appreciate
looking at them...

Cheers,

Jon