Re: [LUG] "extended partition: bad magic number"

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:52:25 +0200, Kai Hendry wrote
On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 12:47:04PM +0100, jon wrote:
LILO gets as far as LI, then prints a whole stream of "01 01" ad infinitum.

Make a grub bootdisk.

Will I then be able to fix the "magic number"?  I'm sure having a screwed partition
table (or whatever?) is not a good thing!

PS:  My third modem in 6 months blew up last night, I am *not* amused >:-(

Get a belkin lightning protector.

I may well do that... my dad keeps saying that all we need to do is fit a surge
protector chip (which costs a few pence) to my phone extension, but that was two
modems ago and he hasn't yet got around to it :-(

Jon