Re: [LUG] European Copyright Directive Reminder

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 12:22 pm, Kai wrote:
However some people will unfortunately get sued for breaking the
encryption in the first place, for the rest of us. Oh dear.

That's the trouble.  They can't stop all of us from using our CD burners, but
any individual who does anything spectactular will have to make sure they
stay completely anonymous, or they will find themselves being targeted by the
law.

Which is a shame, I guess, because it means that we can give them any
recognition for their work.  But isn't that the same as hackers, who uncover
security flaws in our software and should surely also be thanked?  You can't
expect to do something illegal and expect fame and glory, but hopefully that
won't stop everyone from doing it anyway!

Jon