Re: [LUG] SMTP through the Firewall

On 14.10.2002 15:24 Rick Timmis wrote:

Hi All

I have got sendmail running behind my Smoothwall Firewall, So far I
have got
everything configured fine with help from Andrew pearce. The only
thing I am
currently unable to do is get a connection from the outside through
the
firewall to the sendmail server.
I have set up Port Forwarding of all smtp (25) traffic to the server
IP and
have also granted external access through the firewall for the server
to Send
out through. Outgoing mail is working correctly but incoming mail is
not.

I am unable to Telnet into the mail server from the outside, basically
i get
Escape Character is
Connection closed by foreign host.

I can however open an outgoing Telnet connection to my ISP's MTA

Am I doing something wrong with the firewall config???

Any Help greatly appreciated

Regards and Best Wishes Rick

PS If i get this bit finished then Gates's Software can go in the Bin

Actually, I have just had thought,
Are we sure we are getting to your firewall?
It's not your ISP getting in the way is it?
It could be that we are getting to your ISP's mail server which is rejecting us, don't know why though.

 --
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\