packets to me.

Think i may getting lost on this one

Rick

On Monday 14 Oct 2002 4:02 pm, Mike wrote:
On 14.10.2002 14:23 Andrew Pearce wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Timmis" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] Help with Sendmail

Hi Andrew

Yep that fixed that bit, I am unable to connect now from the outside.
Here's
the thing I am trying to bring the mail in through smoothwall. I have
set
Port forwarding to point all traffic destined for port 25 to point to
the
Mail Server. I have also allowed External Access on port 25 to this
server
only.

When my colleague tries to connect ( Telnet ) He gets Escape character
is,
and
then connection closed.

Basically he is trying Telnet Open supetramp.co.uk smtp

Any ideas, Is this incorrect firewall config ??

Thansk RIck

Glad to hear that helped,  but i dont use smoothwall so i've no idea
how to
get that to route port 25 traffic to the internal machine hopefully
one of
the
others will know

Andrew

My guess is that SW is letting the coneection through, that is easy to
tell, have a look in the log and see if there is an entry.

If no entry, then SW is allowing the connection through, but the smtp
server on port 25 is rejecting the connection (This is what I think is
happening)
I think you can look is /var/log/maillog for info on this (maybe).

  --
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\