Re: [LUG] Fw: [seul-edu] MS offer

    Looks like MS is starting to pay attention to public concern. I
got a very nice email from a lady who works for MS asking if I am
still trying to load Linux on old machines at my school. It seems MS
is now looking into making available OS's and Works for older machines
in schools. She says she hopes it will be free, and wants to come
visit. Comments?
Dave Prentice
prentice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would be a big step backwards. Theres such a large difference between the
windows 3.1 interface and interfaces that kids today will use at the end of
the decade, or even in buisness today, theres no benefit to using windows for
that purpose.

Of course you can learn word processing, spreadsheets, drawing packages etc.
Generic tools for generic problems. Given 2 free operating systems, a school
would ideally mix and match, encouraging os-independence. However if its
either-or, then go for a modern, Free, operating system.

P.S.
First they ignore you (-> 2000)
Then they laugh at you (2000 - 2001)
Then they fight you (2001 - present)