Re: [LUG] Mozilla vs Netscape

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 1:21 pm, you wrote:
Hi All

I am in the process of making a choice between Netscape 7.0 and Mozilla as
a Web Browser and Email Client. So far Mozilla has been looking good, ( Not
yet downloaded Netscape ) However there does seem to be some problems when
browsing, A lot of sites the links don't work Mozilla returns URL not
found, this seems to happen when linking to secure sites. Anyone got any
ideas why this might be, and would it be any different under netsca

Mozilla in reality is Netscape, just a bit more refined.  Just a note, have
you got cookies enabled? secure sites do seem to require this?  If not your
proxy is required to be HTTPS enabled.

We are running Open Office here, When installed it said no Java Enviroment
was found. I assume this is not a default install with the Red Hat Distro,
Would this have any effect on Mozilla, and Open Office

Blackdown JAVA is always a good bet, which version office, I assume you mean
version 6.0, not SO 5.+.  I do believe Java is only really reqd for the
dbase.

For some licensing reason blackdown can only be distributed once, I remember
reading it in the SuSE installation script once.  So if you require it, I
think it is a manual install, easy enough though.  Done it a ciple of times
myself.

Opinions gratfully received

Thanks

Rick