[LUG] Fwd: linux tuition

Hi all, just had this message through and I thought it best to forward it here.

Anyone who can help this gentleman please reply to them direct since they're not on this list.

Thanks,
David.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: linux tuition Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:07:52 +0100 From: otherone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: southwest@xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sirs,
I have been installing Linux on to my computers for some time, and have
almost entirely migrated to it except for areas where linux doesn't seem
to work, such as my ISP's email facility which does not appreciate the gecko
engine.
Although I have read the manuals which came with my distributions, SuSE
8.0 & 8.1 Pro, in some areas I am no wiser. This is quite a common phenomenon
I have found, where a manual is written by someone with many years of accumulated
knowledge on a particular subject seems to find it difficult to put themselves
in the position of someone who has little or no knowledge of the subject,
and consequently references are made which are obvious to themselves but
a mystery to the novice.
Is it possible to locate and communicate with someone in this area who can
provide expert guidance and tuition on a number of areas essential to the
configuration and usage of my system?
In particular:
configuring hardware, selecting and installing modules into the kernel,
accessing my confounded flash card reader.
installing fonts in AbiWord
saving files in Xpaint.
installing rpm's
general usage of the console/terminal.
general tutorial in the usage of linux including any tips, tricks and shortcuts
etc.etc.
Ideally, I would like to find someone who will, for an appropriate fee,
come here and show me how to apply all this to my installation.
I would appreciate any assistance you might be able to give me in finding
such a person. Many thanks.
Yours,
Allan J Lewis
otherone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx