Re: [LUG] Redhat 7.3 & Alcatel

Richard

are there any Linux programs that will emulate/fool the Trading Platforms
into thinking they are on "W" and "IE" but with the better stability of
Linux ??
Wine is an open source project designed to allow Windows apps from running
directly in Linux. Depending on what version of IE you need, you may be
able to setup Wine & install IE to run on it.

The last time I looked at Linux Web Browsers, some of them had a features
that would advertise itself as another browser type - ie, it could fool IE
specific sites into thinking it was OK to let the user use the site (I got
Barclaycard's site to work for my wife in that manner).

You could also take a look at VMWare - this is a really cool app (from a
tech-head point of view) that will create a "virtual" PC within your
operating system onto which you can install another operating system. ie.
you could start a VMWare session within Linux and boot a copy of Windows
into it.

Mart