RE: [LUG] Redhat 7.3 and Sendmail driving me mad.

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 22:17, Pete Hatton wrote:

Yeah - sendmail is set to listen to local host only on a default setup.

Change in sendmail.cf
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
To..
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=0.0.0.0, Name=MTA

However I don't know what this does security wise, and whether this will
open it up to relaying - so be warned.

If the config is sensible (and I think the default one is), then this
shouldn't allow relaying, but I'd still recommend that you restrict port
25 access to your local network (assuming you dont need inbound smtp
access).

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=192.168.1.0, Name=MTA looks sensible
(assuming you're running a 192.168.1.0/24 netblock).  Although
firewalling everything you don't explicitly want is always a good bet.

Alex.