Re: [LUG] Power off shutdown

I find that the ability of a pc to let the operating system turn it off varies
with the hardware.  Works fine on my work machine, but linux (whatever
flavour) has never been able to achieve it on my home machine, even though
win98 seems to know how to do it.  I don't think it's a problem, shutting
down from kdm or with "shutdown -h now" or whatever, provided linux goes
through its own shutdown procedures and ends up with something like "ok to
power down" or "reached runlevel 0" you can just pull the plug.

Tony