Re: [LUG] OK so I've installed msttcorefonts...

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 07:56:47PM +0100, Tony Atkin wrote:
head -1 fonts.scale > fonts.dir

:)

are you root?

This was the problem, in essence.

sudo head -1 fonts.scale > fonts.dir

.. also caused a problem, since the head was done as root, but the
redirect as the user.

I advised an sudo -s session, but I wonder if there is a good
"standard form" for this sort of thing? I can't get {} or () to be
useful, in context.

Somethig that did then come up was Mozilla. When installing, we were
asked if we wanted Trutype fonts for mozilla. Assuming they were not
there, I said no.

So, dpkg-reconfigure mozilla was done, but that didn't bring up
anything.

Anyone know how to be asked that question again?

Steve