Re: [LUG] GNU Tools

Mark McRitchie wrote:

I've been trying to find a half decent book about how to use
automake/autoconf etc and best practices for designing source trees when
developing applications.

I'm hoping to start writing some C/C++ stuff and intend to start as I
mean to go on.

Anyone suggest anything?

There are a couple of books on the GNU tools online, but I found
most were out of date, referring to tools that didn't exist any
more. In the end, what little I know of the topic was shared by
another developer, and gleaned from the manual pages.

GNU have some guidelines on layout, and there were some books on
"Make", such as "Managing large projects with Make" (IIRC) that
were quite good.

The whole topic of autoconf makes me appreciate Java and Perl
more :(