for unix/linux using the QT libraries.  There is a big index of open and free
GIS software and data over at http://freegis.org/index.en.html .

Tony

On Thursday 26 September 2002 3:06 pm, Paul Hewson wrote:
Not sure that the open in "Open GIS" has the same connotation and Open
Source

but still, thought this might interest a few:
-----Original Message-----
From:       Diment, Ralph [SMTP:rdiment@xxxxxxxx]
Sent:       26 September 2002 14:13
To: GIS-UK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:    Funding to turn OGC Interoperability into Reality

I am delighted to announce circa £4 million of grants to fund 100
projects around the globe to support organisations wishing to build open
web services
based on the Open GIS Consortium's interoperability standards.

The grants demonstrate Intergraph's commitment to make significant
investments in OGC programmes in order to help advance true 'open'
collaboration and communication across departments, organisations, and
platforms.

Further details on the programme and how to apply can be found at:
        http://www.intergraph.com/gis/ogc/interop.asp

Best regards,

Ralph Diment
Product Marketing Manager, Mapping & GIS Solutions
INTERGRAPH UK

GeoSpatial World 2003
GeoMedia, changing the way we see the World
May 19-21 - New Orleans, Louisiana
www.geospatialworld.com

Paul Hewson, Postgraduate Statistics Student (part-time)
School of Mathematical Sciences, Laver Building,
University of Exeter, North Park Road, EXETER  EX4 4QE, U.K.

tel:   +44 1392 382773 fax: +44 1392 382135
email: P.J.Hewson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
personal home page
http://www.maths.ex.ac.uk/~paulh/