Re: [LUG] networks and satellites?

Try http://www.freesco.org

Darren ward

On Wednesday 25 September 2002  5:52 pm, you wrote:
My son has moved in with his two computers
and is building me a new one
( dare I say to run eCom ((os2)))
He has purchased a bt satellite as our telephone connection here is bad.

We will eventually want to put a server on the web offering access to
info sites for pensioners , war pensioners etc.

I have seen that Linux is good as a firewall in a dumb box to keep hackers
out,
can this also be used to host these sites and perhaps a sort of chat line?

The first two computers are on a unex network ( both regrettably using m$
2000)
but so far only one can go out through the satellite.

any comments or suggestions will be approached

regards peter bunce
---