Re: [LUG] SSHD Problems....

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 09:03:08AM +0100, Neil Stone wrote:
Howdy all...

I have 4 PC's on my lovely little network, SSH works just dandy from and
to 2 of them, to one of them, and the other is Win95. The problem i have
is SSHing to the 1 pc that is not letting SSH inbound.

I get an error message like this;

Has anyone come accross this before ? yes i have tried to re-install
ssh, no it didn't work.
Yup, I had this problem.

I traced it to having "ALL: PARANOID" in my /etc/hosts.deny

Not sure where this came from as I don't use tcpwrappers to control
access to my host!

The PARANOID wildcard matches any host whose name does not match its
address.

So you'll probably find it probably has something to do with reverse DNS
of the hosts your getting denied from not existing. As I did.

Regards,
Mark.