RE: RE: [LUG] Firewall - info and reviews

I have used a package called EasyTables and EasyChains (one iptables, one
ipchains.. funny that...)

Works very well for me, it generates a script file (Firewall.sh) which you
can edit in nano/pico/vi or whatever your fave editor is (lets not start that
argument)

What argument, the answer is emacs!

and customize the rules, add and remove open ports and who is able to
connect.. Hey if i can use it.. anyone can...

Thanks.   I've decided to give Ipchains / Iptables a go, but haven't got as
far as deciding quite how (anthing with Easy in the title sounds good to me).

Paul

Paul Hewson, Postgraduate Statistics Student (part-time)
School of Mathematical Sciences, Laver Building,
University of Exeter, North Park Road, EXETER  EX4 4QE, U.K.

tel:   +44 1392 382773 fax: +44 1392 382135
email: P.J.Hewson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
personal home page
http://www.maths.ex.ac.uk/~paulh/

do a search on sourceforge.net.. make sure you get the one with the capitals in the
title (EasyTables not easytables) as there are 2 versions.. one works for me one
dosn't !!

the one with the caps uses TCL as a front end..

HTH

Neil