Re: [LUG] Dialup woes (yeah.. again)

neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

OK, i dial up, authenticate, get assigned an IP address and thats about it !!

I am unable to ping the ppp0 address, the remote address (P-t-P), or anything else
!!

Okay it didn't work.

DNS doesn't work... so running 'route' takes ages and only gives the IP
addresses...

Most networking commands take "-n" to skip DNS reverse lookup.

route -n
ipchains -nL
netstat -an

Can anyone shed light on how the hell to fix this damn annoying problem ?

What did you change to break it?

I think the "-n" tip must be worth a fruit juice, and since I'm
alcohol free these days :(, I'm undermotivated to help more ;)