Re: [LUG] Kylix

On Monday 09 September 2002 13:59, you wrote:

Runs under WINE.

I've briefly tried Kylix Open Edition, but it's so cut down that it's
missing the essential stuff to me, such as database access compoments, but
that shouldn't stop you developing your own compoments.

well, I've done hello World, and I think I'm getting the idea of buttons and
text fiel access, but to do anything serious, like replace/refactor a VB
application I use heavily, I'd need access to Xbase files over the network.

Pascal seems needlessly complicated to me at present, but I can see it is
capable of serious stuff.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/