Re: [LUG] Problems, problems (and more problems)...

Thanks to everyone, especially paul and rich, who suggested solutions to my
various problems.  I managed to get Xine working reasonably well, although
there still seems to be a problem with lip-sync!  It also randomly crashes,
which is a tad annoying when watching a film...

However, I'm still no further with copying CDs.  The problem is actually with
reading them, not writing them (I haven't got to that stage yet!).  xcdroast
(run as root) says "Fatal error: did not drop group privilege." when it tries
to read the tracks off an audio CD.  Any ideas?

As for transferring my emails across, I will probably try to update my system
without losing data.  When I actually have basic commands like "cat" and
"tail" working, I'm sure I can manage to pipe them across...

Jon