[LUG] terminals again

Peeps

Couldn't get a floppy bootp affair going off the bat, but I'm
installing over the network (from my server) off the back of rescue
and root floppies. None of the boxes have CD drives.

I wanted to just stick the floppy in and it write a trace OS on the
box, but I've never made custom boot floppies before. I've got a bootp
server running, I think, and I'm sure I'll get the clients sorted
booting from the server. Bit of new stuff for me, this
bootstrapping. Seems a waste to put linux on, just to end up with it
going away when I get the bootpclient working.

Hopefully, when I've got a base install and X on, I'll just get xdm
sessions from the server.

What I need is to basically switch it on, boot up and get an xdm
session working form the server. Then, I need the floppy
working. Hmmm.

Here's another question, or two:

How do I get xdm to go looking for the server, rather than just
operate locally?

How am I going to get the local floppy in operation with the server
based xdm session? I can contrive a few solutions but none of them are
at all elegant. It needs to be as simple as a Windows box, which is a
pain.

Does anyone think I'm going about this wrongly?

Steve