Re: [LUG] Listing fuction definitions in C source code.

Andrew Rogers wrote:

Anyone know of any tool that lists the function definitions from C
source files. I need to search for definitions of functions within a
large collection of code. For example I need to find the definition for
kmalloc in the Linux kernel source code.

Some of the code to html conversion tools create alphabetical
lists of functions and such like, as well as calling trees (no
idea how they do recursion), I think GNU do one such tool.

On small projects I just use grep, although I ought to alias a
command like the one in the "info find" that uses xarg to invoke
grep more efficiently.

"find . -name '*.[ch]' | xargs grep -l thing "

I expect Emacs does it for you somehow as well ;)

Is the Linux kernel a large collection of code? I think the
kernel is medium sized, now KDE is probably getting to the large
size depending how many apps you count as KDE....