Re: [LUG] multiprogramming

John Horne wrote:

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 20:18, Jon Lawrence wrote:
Multiprogramming - Ain't never heard of it.

Tsk, youngsters eh? :-) For multiprogramming think basically
multitasking/multiprocessing. It is basically all the same.

I vaguely recall the term.... so I checked.

Yes multiprogramming is the ability to run multiprograms
simultaneously (or with the appearance of at least) on a single
processor system, usually it is implemented with pre-emptive
multitasking, but I think it is just a more general term with
less assumptions about architecture.