Re: [LUG] Stability Problems

Alex Charrett wrote:

I am using the latest drivers, and I find that as soon as I do anything graphics intensive, the driver over-clocks the graphics card and causes a hard-lockup.
I did find a solution once in the Nvidia Linux forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14).... but I've reinstalled since and can't remember what it was or where to find it again :-(
You had to somehow tell the driver the use a lower clock speed using an option in your XF86Config file.

I'd imagine the driver is fine if you have a card with one of the faster GPU's (which the driver was obviously written for), but it's impossible to use it with my TNT2.

David.

That is curious then, as I have a TNT2 also and I've never had any such issues.

Alex

The reason the machine crashes is because the graphics card over-heats. So, if you have a nice cool machine, you won't be affected.
That is of course another solution to the problem.... just throw a few more fans in there.

David.