Re: [LUG] Help x not working

paul wrote:

I will look into the version of X i am using,  I kind of assumed that I was
using 4 as that came with suse 8,  but perhaps not due to my card. there are
3.3.6 packages on cd1.
.
UTAH - Glx sounds familar.

Paul

Yeah i have seen drivers for the banshee in both 3.3.6 and 4.x one using Utah GLX the other Dri .Seems alot of the older Utah stuff is now ported to the 4.x versions of XFree.
Banshee at 60hz eh 3dfx were such comedians! :)
Tis a funny chipset its two of the earlier voodoo2 chipsets merged together and lies in a very unusual stop gap between the early voodoos and the later 3's and 4's with the Vsa100 chipset.
I have already started googling for the 3.3.6 drivers but finding them is proving difficult it may be that the 4.x route is correct but i have a feeling that due to the banshees unorthodox chipset it may be happier living with the earlier voodoo drivers rather than later ones.

Cheers

lee