Re: [LUG] MK Linux

Keith Abraham wrote:

On Saturday 10 August 2002 12:22 pm, Neil Stone wrote:
Welcome John.
I've no wish to interfere with my brother's posting but I must
mention that it's the Mac 6xxx series architecture that is
the bugbear. This series uses some cut-down hardware
arrangement called Nubus. AFAIK only the MKLinux distro
supports it and then only in part.
(One of those rare periods when Mac design stumbled?}
The problem must be difficult to resolve as none of the major
distros support the 6xxx architecture although many of these
machines were manufactured.

Aside: Are we the only family members in this user group?

I can't say that i have noticed any duplicate surnames except for yours
and your brothers (funny that)..

I have noticed that there are several people with the same forename...

Neil

Common lore says that where 25 people are gathered together then
at least two of them will have the same forename. I'm no
statician but it seem strange that at least two of us don't same a
forename or is just this a feature of Linux users?

While on the subject of Mac hardware, anyone want to buy a Motorola
StarMax 3000/200?

Motorola StarMax 3000/200, 6GB Harddrive, 32MB RAM, 8X CD-ROM, MacOS
7.6, 200MHz PowerPC 603e RISC CPU, 14" CRT Monitor, Sony CDU926S CD-R.

I had previously installed LinuxPPC 1999 on it, but failed to install
YellowDog a while ago. Since then I haven't had time to play with it,
although I did get a 2.4.10 kernel running on it from a rescue CD. BTW
it has a PCI bus and 3.3V EDO RAM.

As far as I can tell there is only one Andrew!

--
Andrew Rogers
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk