Re: [LUG] Desperately seeking .... Open Source Multimedia Encyclopedia

On Friday 09 August 2002 3:05 pm, Brough, Tom wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of an Open Source Multimedia (or
simply text based) Encyclopedia / Dictionary / Other Reference works. I
know there are plenty of web based offerings, but I am looking for CD-ROM
based content that can be used in areas where internet links are difficult
/ too expensive. Text based content would be useful for even lower spec
machines, although pictures and diagrams are good for extra clarity.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council

Although not huge I use the following:

http://www.cam-info.net/enc/macro.a.html

It's a free online encyclopaedia project.

Keith

--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on 700Mhz AMD Duron with 128MB RAM
and 20GB Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail