Re: [LUG] g77 ?

Rich Smith wrote:

Here is a helloworld in ANSI FORTRAN 77, your problem may be the number of
characters you have indented your code with ?? remember that the actual coding
must begin in the seventh column as the first six are reserved for comment and
line continuation notion, aghhhh punch cards ;)

One doesn't forget these things easily - alas.

Anyway try this, it works fine for me:

C Hello World in Fortran 77
C (Code MUST begin in 7th column)
      PROGRAM HELLOW
      WRITE(6,*) 'Hello World'
      END

Strangely, apart from the case, and the name "HELLO" not
"HELLOW" this looks remarkably like my hello world attempt.

Looks like I have an incomplete compiler upgrade, as it is
referring to 2.95.2 libraries in the g77 link step, but I have
2.96 installed....

Thanks, I think I will just install GCC 3 .zzzZZZZZzzzZZZZ oh
for broadband.