Re: [LUG] Re re UPS.

Lee Quick wrote:

AH if only it were for home use :) nope this is a work type situation I
also would really like a UPS that weighs less than half a metric tonne
heh.

Hey size is all in the eye of the beholder - my biggest current
client has it's own substation in the grounds behind it, looks a
party for bits of the national grid, but then they do heavy
engineering. Their computer room UPS facilities aren't that big
as it only has one mainframe, one supercomputer, and a few HP K
class and Compaq servers scattered around.

One of the mad venture capital companies claimed it's generator
facilities were enough to run most of Hayes, pity they didn't
have the customers to justify it.

For that kind of kit I would go direct to the big UPS
manufacturers, or if you need certfication your existing
vendors.

A bit like the occaison I was asked to quote for a 19 tonne fire
safe, because the section I was in sold key and Office safes. We
could quote them the standard 6% mark-up on the safe vendors
wholesale price, but we couldn't do the structural survey for
them ;)