Re: [LUG] UPS

Mark Evans wrote:

Depends what they intend plugging into it. For computers, monitors,
indeed anything with a flex there is little to choose between BS1363
and IEC. Difficulties come when you have a "wallbrick" PSU.

What is it about telecom equipment suppliers?

I have four devices in easy reach with the PSU built-in to the
plug; BT Home Highway box, Answer Phone, Modem, and hub.

The fax is made by HP, so a nice ordinary plug is used.

The hub PSU is barely larger than an ordinary plug, the other
three all overhang the sockets next to them on the multigang, in
some cases making it impossible to use the neighbouring socket.

I don't like chaining mains lead multigang extension sockets,
but when half the sockets are swallowed up supplying devices
requiring a few milliamps, what is a geek to do?