Re: [LUG] accountancy experience required

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 21:44, kevin bailey wrote:
hi guys,

we are planning to set up IT systems for a company which has 4 branches.
  obviously this would be open source based - and the client has given a
cautious ok to using thin client technology.

the main application which we are hoping they will use is called
sql-ledger and is a full featured accounts package (www.sql-ledger.org).

we now have a pressing need for someone to join our venture who has
experience in accounts and who would be prepared to learn/support this
application.  their accountant is used to sage and needs to know that he
will be supported if they start using this system.

at the moment this is a volentary effort to set up one branch as a
show-case.  if the other branches order the same setup then a company
can be started which would eventually provide full-time jobs (and
bonuses!) for all involved.

i have asked about this before and have had some replies - we have moved
things forward but need this extra help.

also, could anyone advise me on where else i could also post this message,

thanks,

kev

Kevin,

Where (location wise) would this be ? My Fiancee is quite hot on the
accountancy.. she did a few courses to help with this. We are both also
looking for jobs, need any help on the IT support side of things ?

If this is the case please email me direct (email address above) and we
can talk business..

Neil + Caroline